Got a lot out of the way. Wiring under dash all complete except for a replacement instrument voltage regulator that was lacking in the quality dept.... The connectors on the back are pressed in, and pulled right off my instrument voltage regulator after I installed wires onto it and tried to install instrument cluster (hence the missing gauges in the pics).
In hindsight I suggest anyone who gets a repop of this part use a little epoxy on the connectors for some added holding power.
Anyway, first up is the kick panels with integrated speaker holes. I ran out to Pep Boys and got chrome screws with built in washers to hold panel in. After a little trimming along top and bottom of panel where it touches carpet/dash it fit pretty well. Just a tiny, maybe 1/8" by 1" gap along very bottom of panel where it meets the scuff plate. Filled the gap with a dab of strip caulk.
I did determine where screws needed to be to attach panel and then drilled panels for the screws in those locations... I didn't use factory drill hole locations on these kick panels...
The area where the kick panel meets the dash is also a little short, but in real life its not bad. I'll stew over it and might dress it with some weatherstrip later…
Installed front speakers with some left over insulation from the Cougar. Scuff plates from Falconparts installed and look pretty good.
Pulled the wires/connectors through some quickly cut small holes in carpet for the front power seats too. All that's left of interior is putting the gauges in and front seats.
This will probably be last update for a while. Need to go through the checklist of a million little things. Will snap some pics once I get it out for some test drives!